Search This Blog

Friday 13 April 2012

...9 industry figures tell you why you should apply for The Network

A training scheme like The Network can be a valuable step into TV even for those who have no experience in the industry.
 
With just 9 days left to apply for The Network, on screen and off screen TV talent share their views and experiences of The Network, and the reasons why they think anyone who wants to work in TV should apply....

I think it provides a service, if it had been available to me I would have soaked it up like a sponge.
-Vernon Kaye

I think it's incredibly important to give young people an opportunity to see what this industry is all about...it gives them an opportunity to hear what it's really like from the inside.
-Jay Hunt, Chief Creative Officer, Channel 4

I knew attending The Network would be a key step in getting a job in TV...You don't often get the chance to speak to so many important TV personalities who are happy to give their time and talk about the industry.
-Ore Oduba, Presenter, CBBC & BBC Sport and The Network delegate 2007

I'm always keen to go to The Network and support young people wanting to work in TV. It's hard work but still great fun and a creative buzz. It's great to help others onto this path and become part of this dynamic industry.
-Stuart Murphy, Director of Programmes, Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, 2 &3 and Director of Commissioning for Sky Entertainment Channels

I think it's wonderful and I'm very sad that something like this didn't apply when I was starting out in television...it's the best possible thing you could do.
-Sir Trevor McDonald

The Network was a fantastic opportunity. It consolidated the idea that I wanted a career in TV. Off the back of my place I got a place on a trainee researcher scheme on GMTV.
-Dominic Bird, Head of Formats, Channel 4 and The Network delegate 1994

The Network is trying to send out the message that television is for everybody and anybody and needs everybody and anybody.
-Joe Godwin, Director, BBC Children's and Chair of The Network

The Network is the jewel in the TV Festival's crown. There's nothing more important than finding and supporting the next generation of people with creative ideas, ambition and above all else, passion.
-Tim Hincks, Chief Executive Officer, Endemol

I bump into people who I've met in Edinburgh in previous years who are now working and they say 'it was great, without The Network I wouldn't have got the foot in the door and it's changed my life.'
-Joe Mace, Head of Entertainment Development, ITV

So if you know anyone who wants to work in TV, let them know about The Network, and tell them to hurry! Applications close 22nd April. Visit our website to apply.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked to check out all the new stuff you post.
    Projection Film
    Rear Projection Film
    Projection on Glass
    Projection Glass
    Back Projection Film

    ReplyDelete